Antica Casa Vinicola Scarpa, Freisa, "La Selva di Moirano", 2005 (library release)
Availability: Out of stock
A close relative of Nebbiolo (eitiher its parent or child) and once the most highly-prized grape in the region, Freisa has lost ground to Nebbiolo partly because the latter demands all the best sites while Freisa is less picky about where it's grown. So farmers have spent a long time relegating it to less prime slopes and the grape yields correspondingly less striking wines. Scarpa shows us what Freisa can offer when treated with respect. This is a ferrous, dusty glass of cherries.
When to Drink:Ready now
Service:Pop and Pour
- 10% discount on any mixed case of 12 or more bottles of wine.
- Order processed same or next business day.
- Free shipping on orders over $129 to New York, CT or NJ
- Reasonable flat-rate shipping elsewhere.
- Temperature-controlled warehouse